Saturday, September 20, 2008

飲水思源 - Remember Your Root.......

Hey,

I would like to share with u my owned philosophy, u don’t ve to agree with me if u think it’s not right. However, tis is what they make me to be a MAN=> They are always as my personal dictionary keep inside my hard drive=> What I need is just follow tis few simple concepts and diversified them to whatever I want. It really helps me a lot in all tis yrs.

First I would like to share with u is 飲水思源., tis really means a lot to me=> It means I cannot forget my root if one day I can reach the sky. My parent is my roots, without them, there is no me today. Even though I don’t like my mum long winded nagging. But very frankly to tell u tis. Her nagging is some sort like warning signal for me if I coming to crossing the line, ie. 凡是留一線, 他日好相見. She thought me any type of ppl also can be fren, but u must know their good for u or not. If good, can be v closed fren, if bad, don’t mess with them, just become hi-bye fren. To simplified the meanings, categories my fren=> There r frens can be for life and some are just hi bye. But no matter what, brotherhood is the one can’t be neglected, must be united!!!
My 老母 with my niece Yee n nephew Vincent taken in yr 2002.

My father lagi best, in fact, he’s just like my 心目中的偶像. I very respect him until what extend??? Most of my character heritage from him lor. Looking at myself, existing looking at him when he was young time, salute!!!=> As hard working as a cow, well-planned and delegates, ha ha… 自讚白誇, beh tahan leh=> I never 吹牛 de, just see how he can raise up eight of us 牛高馬大, 就是不簡單了, 還有一個這樣Tokong 的兒了, “無馬走” lar, ha ha… please hor, 想吐的去廁所哦, ha ha…

My 老豆 & my nephew Vincent taken in years 2004=>

Frankly speaking, with tis philosophy, I meet my first superior in my life at Le Meridien Singapore. His name called Jonny Singh, I can said whatever banqueting knowledge I ve now is learning from him, of course now is 青出於藍 liao lah=> Not because of I’m extra talented or what, just because I’m keen to learn and extra hardworking + respect n sincere to my superior. He’s the one thought me tis, “Be4 u want ppl to respect U, makesure u know how to respect ppl first!!!” He actually bring me to work in Singapore Polo Club n highly recommended me to his colleague Andrew Ong, my boss when I’m in French Restaurant. Now he no longer in F&B industry, but in Insurance yet still want to pull me to join him=> Thanks yah, but insurances not my cup of tea yah, ha ha… In between, we had a conflict because of monetary problems, but thank God, it’s settle liao=> Now, he’s not only a good teacher to me, but he’s one of my best fren n my professional insurance advisor too=> Tips No.1: - When come to best fren, try not to talk about money matters, Ie, pinjam. I treat u as a good fren, that’s why I’ll never asking money from u and I hope u do the same thing for me too=>

My No.2 best fren is Chef Stephen, without him, I’ll not be in tis yacht. We use to work in same hotel lastime. From there, he highly recommend me to work here with him. We’ve been colleague for more than 10yrs, I guess. Our frenship is actually beyond as a best fren liao, just like brotherhood. Nothing can't be chat. If I was specialize in culinary industry, I can tell u I almost can fly liao. He’s so talented in all types of cooking, u name it, from appertizers to main courses till desserts, nothing tak tahu yah, from western (French n Italy cuisine) to local (Chinese, Malay or Indian cuisine) even Korean n Japanese + now Mediterranean cuisine also know, 問你服未??? Ha ha… Suai-suai I’ve not interest on that yah…. What a waste!!! Currently tis previous summer cruise, we ve a dispute about the job, tis never happen be4, we’ve actually never talk for 1 mth liao. But now is better liao, we start to talk again=> Tips No.2 : - Never because of work or 3rd party to spoilt ur frenship, it’s really dumb thing to do in tis world. The closer fren if u ve, if once quarrel, both parties will also hurt v deeply, 兩敗俱傷, 何苦呢???

Chef Stephen and me in Christmas Party 2007

Btw, if u notice, I’ve classified my best fren No 1 to No. 4, so far=> Tis number dun mean the ranking or important of the fren, but classified them accordingly to the length of time we know=> Just a second, where is No.3 and No. 4??? Ha ha… 在這里, 要賣點關子了, ha ha…

To be Continue… 待續… Sayonara!!!=>

Kw

2 comments:

SHARON RACHEL QUAH said...

FANTASTIC ..... i'm so happy to know that you and stephen are talking again ..... wah, your superb best friend is a chef leh .... so if i were to cook for you one day, please don't compare mine with his liao ... sure i have to "han hoi" = step a side liao .... huhuhuhuhuhuhuh .... sigh!

KW said...

Ha ha... Dun u worried, I'm v easy going person. As long as the dish I like, surely no problems yah!!! Here's the tips, if u choose chicken as ur main dish, most likely u will never go wrong!!!

=>