Sunday, September 14, 2008

希臘之游 - Tour in Corfu, Greece=>

Today let me introduce u one of the tourist spot in Greece, Corfu. If u are Fans of James Bond movies, U should remember one of the James Bond 007 movie title as For You Eyes Only acted by Roger Moore in 1981, parts of tis movie is actually taken from here.

We had been Corfu 3 days earlier before our summer cruise 2003 begin. During that time, I'm actually came here as Partime Steward. Reason been I ve to go back to work in Singapore in order for me to renew my Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) after the Hamburg trip, unluckily when I went back Singapore on Feb 2003, suddenly the strike of SARS in April cause lots of employees ask to go for their non pay leaves in Singapore, for those who hunting for job on that time, I can tell u the life is miserable, phew... I'm one of them=<

Luckily, God is very kind to us, whenever all doors are closed & always have a window keep open for us. I got tis opportunities to work 3 months as Partime Steward at my previous yacht. At least I can earn some living from there. Without wasting anymore time, let me show u some photos taken in Corfu, Greece in 2003.


As u can see at the photo below, the yacht on my left is the one I'm working on, the yacht on my right is actually our support vessal. During that time, both of the yachts were anchored and we've to take tender to come to shore.


Here is the Corfu Town, packed with tourists, that's why we hardly got the chance to take photos.


Tis is the firstime I saw the Grapes tree or plants. The person beside me is my colleague Chef Dick Choo. He's actually just like me working partime during that time highly recommended by Chef Stephen as 3rd Chef. We know each others from Le Meridien Singapore since Sept 1996.


What I can said is Greece famous with their craftmanship souvenirs. I've actually bought a chess set from here, it's very nice=> Unfortunately I can't show it here as it's not with me at the moment, sorry=> However, tis year summer cruise we've went back to Corfu again, therefore, I've actually buy some petit souvenirs=> Just share some of it with u=>

Photos below are some of the fridge magnets I bought from Corfu. Whenever I go to new place, will buy some souvenirs as my best fren Siew Fong like to keep fridge magnets for her collection=> Jan lagi best, Coca-cola collections all around the world, unique hobby, ha ha... As compare the souvenirs from France or Italy, Greece souvenirs is much more reasonable than others Europe Countries.



Tis one gifted by our Purser Jessie=> Merci Beaucoup!!!


Tis is the sign of "Luck", come in different sizes, tis one come with a piece of their traditional olive soap=>


Tis floor mat is for my room=> Sweet!!!

Some of the local T-shirts=>


These are the glass candle stand with picture design.

Dawn Seaview in Corfu...
Here come the Greece ladies with their traditional costume=>

We had our company dinner at 1 of the restaurant in Corfu after completed tis yr summer cruise in August. The restaurant called Tavern Tripa. Find me in the photos if u can=>

Tis photos taken by their photographer with the pretty local lady cost me 5 Euro, must show off yah, ha ha... Btw, the Australia T-shirt I'm wearing is gifted by my good fren Siew Fong, Thanks yah=>

Big baner at Corfu Port.

Postcards=>




That's the end of my Corfu trip=> Cheers.


Kw

No comments: