Tuesday, September 16, 2008

七大奇觀之埃及 - Seven Wonder @ Egypt!!!=>

Hey,

Today let me bring u to one of the seven wonder, Giza Pyramid. 話說當事是在2004年1月份=> I received a call from my ex-colleague Terance from yacht again while I'm in Singapore. He told me that boss is coming to Egypt for 1 week. Ask me can help him with the last chartered he going to work as he has found a better job in Bermuda with his GF Evon. That time I'm just working partime work at my ex hotel, therefore, I take tis as an opportunity again to explore the Egypt lor, since I never be there be4, at the same time, can helped fren, 何樂而不為=> I flew to Sharm-El-Sheikh to join them for only 2 weeks.

As per agree, immidiate after boss cruise, they send me back with Terence from Sharm. But we need to transit in Cairo, then only flight back to Singapore. During the transit, we actually have ard 6 hrs in Cairo, therefore we ask the agent to arrange for us a taxi to Giza Pyramid to have a quick tour=> That time I remember I paid the taxi driver ard US100 for both of us and save keeping our luggages.

Well, let's the journey begin=> During the journey to Giza, the taxi driver keep telling us the place of interest while we r passing by. he point to us the biggest n oldest mosque in town, I'd forget the name liao.

I think we ride ard an hour to reach the Giza Pyramid. It's very unique at the first look from far as we r from town. Let's show u some photos.

Totall there r 7 Pyramids at Giza, Tis will be the biggest one.

As per their history, every single pyramid inside have buried a royal family. the biggest one of course is the king yah, follow by all the prince. But all the bodies has shift to Museum.

As u can see the white stuff at below photo is actually a ship inside it, for what purposes??? Forget liao, something about transpotting, ha ha...

Here comes the Sprinx, 人頭獅身, the guardian to protect their graves.

As u notice all the photos, there is no W.C yah, so ladies, tahan yah=> Guys is ok yah, mana-mana pun jadi, ha ha... The pic below showing the town view from Giza.


Well, that's all about Giza tour=> The next place I want to share with u is the St. Catherine where after I've re-join the yacht in Feb 2005 and Sharm-El-Sheikh has become our 2nd home base. Regarding Sharm, I'll tell u all in others day yah=>

Kw
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've actually write down the St. Catherine journey to some of my fren during that time, now I just re-post it to here. Dun mind yah=>

Hey,

Just to share with u my journey to St. Catherine (also known as Mount Moses where Moses has been there as lastime, it's a holy place.) to see the sunrise on the 1st day of Chinese New Year!!! Our 2nd Officer Robbie has organised a trip to St. Catherine for the entire fleet, so that 10 of us is going including myself. Total 3 officers and 7 crews.


We depart from ship on Eve of CNY at around 11pm. reached the bottom of the mountain around 1.30am. Then we start our tracking to the peak with a tour guide. Due to the night is dark, we've brought torch light for the journey, unfortunately the tour guide don't allow us to use, He claims that our climbing of tis mountain actually illegal, cannot turn on the torch. Only himself who lead the way can turn on the torch. Just imagine middle of the night go for mountain climbling without seeing the track, so dangerous, we've no choice to turn on the torch occasionally to see the track when it's a lot of steps around and also a communication or signal for those who are walking behind.


So far, all of us have succeed to reach to the peak between 3 hrs to 3 1/2 hours subsequently. The 3 officers always try to walk in front and left the crew behind. I took tis as a challenge to follow them just right behind, reason being not to overcome them but just to proof that we Asia people aslo can follow their paste, not like what they think we are weak!!! The 3 officers and myself have reach the top within 3 hours and the rest of them arrived subsequently around 3 1/2 hours. Of course feel satisfy lah!!!:>

Hey, I'm not ready yah, still looking for tissue to stop my running nose!!! Ha ha...

We reached the top around 4.30am to 5am, the sunrise is at 6.30am, therefore we've stay inside a small kiosk as it's very cold up there, some places even got ice frosting around. We've no choice by hiding inside the kiosk to drink coffee.

Around 6am then we come out to see the sunrise. It was Beautiful!!! I can feel that the sun is actually bigger than others place I've seen!!!

The other side of the mountain views=>

See, up there 人山人海哩!!!=>

My colleague Daniel.

Do u dare enough to use the W.C. at the cliff???=>

After finish watching the sunrise, we've go down the mountain very fast, less than 2 hours already reach the bottom.

Then we are send to one of the hotel to having the Arabic Breakfast, one word can described the food, Sucks!!! By the time coming back to the yacht, it's already 11.30am. One more thing almost forgot to tell u, the journey by van from our ship to St Catherine is actually quite far, when we going took about 2 1/2 hours, but when coming back only took an hour and forty minutes. The crazy Egyptian driver thought he's driving the F1 Formula, drove around 150 to 160km/hour, Siow ah, not even that, still can driving with listening to his mobile, really ber tahan him yah!!! Until the officer ask him to slow down and don't put our life in jeopardy!!!

Well, overall, quite satisfy of tis journey yah as 1st day of CNY, have reach to the holy place!!!:> Yesterday we had reunion dinner at our crew mess for all the Chinese crew on both main yacht and support vessel, total of 12 persons, very happening and fun, the food was delicious too. Tonight we're going out for dinner again to celebrate the CNY:>

That's about all of my story on this CNY, hope u have the wonderful CNY too yah:> Lastly, Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! Wan Shi Ru Yi!!!:>

Regards,
Kim Wah
18/02/07
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the end of the journey for today.

Kw

No comments: