Wednesday, October 1, 2008

運動的哲學 - Healthy Wealthy in Sport!!!

Today I want to share with you about my jogging experiences. It’s not only a sport to maintain the fitness and health. But it also help me to built my endurance and believe!!!

Remember when I’m still working in Singapore in 7 years back. I can tell u that from my outlook, you might think I’m very healthy. Actually, I’m not. I’ve been working for very long hours everyday. There is no time for me to exercise.

Happen to be one day when I’m going back home. Before I reached the bus stop. I saw the bus is almost reached the bus stop. I just ran across the street and quickly got up to the bus. Guess what, just a hundred meter ran, I already exhales like hell, not only that, almost black out. From that time onwards. I already know how worst is my health even I’ve never took MC before in my any work place. In facts, I’ve never took MC since Secondary School. Sometimes think back, am I really that healthy???

I’m lucky enough to have this current job so that I actually have more time for myself. With my very good friend No.2 encouragement and train. My first jogging is start in Bermuda in the year 2002. Just a 15 minutes slow jog from St. George to Turtle Beach. I already feel like dying. Not only that, the next day, my leg muscles all painful, whenever go up or down stair, must hold the handrail very tide prevent I’m falling down, walk worst than an old man.

As layman always said,” No Pain, no gain”. My no.2 always encourage me and most important thing must have the endurance to do it. With the start from twice a week jogging, till now I jogged almost everyday except the day I’m on duty where not suppose to go out the yacht. Even I’m back to Singapore, no matter how busy or tired I’m, still makesure have time for me to jog just to maintain my health. Last time work in Singapore always claim no time, actually time can be arranged no matter how busy I’m, just an excuse for myself, feel lazy to do it…

I’ve jogged in few countries and climate before. It’s very fun and enjoyable. I’ve jogged in Bermuda from St. George to Turtle Beach. Jogged in Hamburg at winter’s time by wearing long jon and wind breaker. My favorite spot is from Port de Nice along the beach to Airport, or uphill to Ville France. My longest record is from Port de Nice to Monaco from 6am to 10am thru and flow. I’ve jogged in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. I even jogged under very hot sun in Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt and Marmaris, Turkey. The best jogged is I ever bring the passport along to jog from Gibraltar to cross border to La Ina, Spain. It’s really like cross country run, ha ha…



My old time jogging attire, black sock,

wear continue after work, ha ha...

That's my favorite sport shoes,

follow me for 2 years to jog all over the world!!!


Jogged under the hot sun in Turkey...

My latest jogging attire!!!

My jacket & wind breaker during cold weather!!!

To me, jogging has become part of my life. As a jogger, of course I’ve a dream, which is to complete an official full marathon. Not to become champion or what, but just want to complete the whole course. And, this dream will be come true very soon!!! 7th December 2008 will be the day I’m waiting for, the Standard Chartered Full 42.195km Marathon in Singapore!!! You will see me there as one out of fifty thousand joggers!!!

How is jogging related to endurance and believe??? I’ve read a small story before. It’s something like this. There is a marathon, after the course, they interview the champion, how can he possible to complete the course so fast??? He told the press that he’s actually running by using his brain. Before he run the marathon, he survey the track first, remember all the specify landscape mark, ie, hospital, garden or anything easy to spot. Therefore, he train himself to complete the course by breaking up the course with a lot of check points. So that whenever he run, he aims for the short distance best time. He will only focus on the check points instead of the whole course. It’s very make sense. When I jogged from Port De Nice to Monaco, I mentally break it down to Nice to Ville France, then Bolieu, Cap D’Air and lastly Monaco. With this breakdown, I can actually believe and have the endurance to jog to Monaco. Once I told my friend I’ve jogged to Monaco, they said I’m crazy!!!

Jogging make me learn a lot of philosophies, such as during my boss onboard, whenever I’m very tired. I always telling myself, Is this really tired than I jogged to Monaco??? No right, so I can actually go further!!! This is how I motivate myself yah!!!

Jogging also make me think “Optimistic”, for example, whenever I’m working, some of my colleague are actually very lazy, don’t like to do housekeeping work. So I’m always the one who do those stuff they neglected to do, as the same time, I take it as easy to past time and think it like doing some exercise. Then I’ll be feeling better, ha ha…

Sometimes I work until very tired, I still go for jogging, it’s actually make me more relaxing after all the sweat out. My mind also will be very clear. I even thinks of something that I can’t understand or can’t solve during jogging, Ie, those Microsoft Excel formula, once I come back from jogging, I’m actually got plenty of ideas to solve the problems.

Well, that’s about all about my jogging experiences yah. My conclusion is, find yourself a suitable exercise so that can maintain your health, at the same time, will bring you a lot of positive thinking and ideas!!! With these criteria, you can doing anything you want!!! More energetic and full with confidence!!!

Kw

No comments: